Choice block problem

Hello,

I am a new user and I have a problem that sounds relly weird. I have set up different options for getting a name from user but it works only if I say directly the name. This behaviour happens also with other choice block, it doesn’t work with each option. I will attach an image. Any idea on the reasons?

what does this mean? It’s like “My name is John” doesn’t work but “John” works?

what the slot type of {nome}?

Exactly, only some formulas of the ones written work. The type of the slot {name} is custom. It has happened again with another block. I had set up a new slot “custome” for saying yes or no. It didn’t recognise “yes” or “no”, but just some specfic expression that were in the synonyms (e.g. okay, let’s see). More over, these values were recorded with the expression used by the customer and not as main value of the slot (yes or no).
I have tried also with adc, but no results. I had to build a new slot and a new intention to solve. It’s really weird, they were basically the same. Are you aware of some bugs or similar?

Thanks a lot,
Luca

in your case, you have two differnt problems.

Exactly, only some formulas of the ones written work. The type of the slot {name} is custom.

I see you have only 3 utterances. that’s all? also how many slot values did you create?
I’m not sure but how about FirstName slot type instead of custom.

It has happened again with another block. I had set up a new slot “custome” for saying yes or no. It didn’t recognise “yes” or “no”, but just some specfic expression that were in the synonyms (e.g. okay, let’s see). More over, these values were recorded with the expression used by the customer and not as main value of the slot (yes or no).

This is different from Name thing. In Alexa, Yes/No are speacial and usually we use it with pre-defined built-in intents. That means you don’t need to create Intent for yes/no, and just choose Yes/No from the intents lists of Choice blocks.

https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/custom-skills/standard-built-in-intents.html

I have tried also with adc, but no results. I had to build a new slot and a new intention to solve. It’s really weird, they were basically the same. Are you aware of some bugs or similar?

so, those are actually not same. I recommend if there’s suitable pre-defined built-in intents or slot types, take advantage of those instead of custom intents or custom slot type. Generally, Alexa will recognize much more accurate those than custom one.