Choice block to SSML not working with ADC

I’m trying to create a choice that then leads to either of 2 SSML responses, but am getting an error in ADC “The skill should not respond to intent requests with empty text or SSML in prompt while keeping the skill session open.”

Works fine in VF.

See the attached image. Is there a better/more elegant way to do this? And how do I make it acceptable to ADC?

I’m not sure but can you check 2 things:

• I can’t see Else in Choice Block. Did you set reprompt messages for Else correctly?
  • audio ifles might be problem. For debugging purpose, why don’t you replace audio with just only texts in Speak block?

Hi there, thanks for helping out!

I’ve tried replacing the SSML with text in speak block “blah blah blah”

And the Else in Choice block is configured (see screenshot). Still getting same error from ADC.

I tried with my simple demo, but could not reproduce it…

That messsage means there’s a blank speech between user interactions somewhere in your flow. so, it can be a speak block between choice blocks or reprompt of choice blocks, I think.

could you check all choice blocks and make sure reprompt messages are set?

Also, that messages are shown in the functional test in ADC, right? I mean test simulator in ADC works or not?

Good news! It’s not in review for certification. Thank you!

I had one Choice block with an undefined (empty) Else reprompt. That seems to have solved the issue.

It was EXTREMELY helpful that you pointed out that the errror “The skill should not respond to intent requests with empty text or SSML in prompt while keeping the skill session open.” was triggered by a blank speech between user interactions - possibly between choice blocks or reprompts of choice blocks.

Thank you so much!

1 Like