What happened to the Display Blocks? It used to be so intuitive, now we only get a place to import JSON. Where do we put the data JSON with our variables and such?
Definitely the earlier JSON window was much better / easier. It had a window for APL edits and a window for Datasource edits. .
With the new Display, the entire JSON shows up only as a link in Voiceflow Display block. There is no option to open the JSON for edits. Therefore all edits need to be done in the Alexa Authoring Tool.
Right, so I have the APL json. In order to feed it data I have to use a variable?
My use case is - a Geography Quiz.
So I am using display (APL and Datasource).
- Display and styling - I use “APL json”.
- Data / variables - I put them in another json “datasource json”
- I combine the APL json and DS mjson to create a single json file, which I paste in Voiceflow Display block
See the illustration here.
- First image is Voice Flow display preview. You can see the styling and the variables
- Second Image is the run from Alexa Simulator, where it combines display, data and speak output
Ahhhhhh ok. I figured it was a combined JSON but I was hoping to avoid that lol. I really appreciate the break down.