Help getting ISP to work (and then testing) for a simple skill!

Hi - I am fairly new to this so sorry if it’s a very simple question.

I’m trying to build a skill which gives quotes from popular characters.

I want certain characters to be included with a free version of the skill, and for certain characters to only be available if the user purchases the full/premium version of the skill as a one-time-ISP.

So - Alexa asks: which character do you want a quote from?
User replies with name of ‘free’ character - (gets a quote from Alexa)
User replies with name of ‘premium’ character - (gets an up-sell message and told they must pay for premium version to unlock quotes from this character)

I have created the ‘Product’ for the premium version. I’ve tried watching the tutorial from Nico on Youtube about ISPs - and am trying to make it work with User Info block etc. - but am struggling. I thought I had done it - but then when I went to test on the Alexa console, when I asked for a premium character it didn’t prompt me to buy etc. just defaulted back.

Could anyone advise the best approach for this?

Much appreciated!
Y

What does “defaulted back” means?

Anyway, User Info Block in ISP works 2 ways:

• User Info Type “ISP” checks if a user has already enabled voice shopping and 1-click ordering, which are required for user purchasing your product.
  • User Info Type “Product” with your ISP product checks if a user has already purchased your product.

upselling in your case, flow will be like these:

• get a character that user said with choice or capture block.
  • check if that character requires premium or not
  • if premium requires, check if a user has enabled ISP and has purchased your product.
  • if not purchased, go to payment block. If purchased, go to speak-quotes-flow.
1 Like

What does “character” mean here exactly? Thanks!

Thanks for your breakdown on these items (Updated Version: 3/2/2021):

To clarify the full picture, I tested the minimum conditions required for user to buy something in US locale, and found that

To buy via the web browser, you need #1, #2 below
To buy using your voice via in the skill you need #1, #2, #3 below:

1/ a paired deviced
2/ an active payment method in your Amazon account;
3/ turned on “Voice Purchasing” toggle in the Alexa App > More > Settings > Acount Settings > Voice Purchasing