Help with ISP for a skill

Hey to all… new here. trying to create an information providing skill that offers access to even more info etc… for a small cost. i have read that amazon wants a user if they say, ‘no’ to the purchase after offer to be ‘returned to where they were in the app’… i have no clue how to do/know that and am currently sending the user if they say ‘no’ to the upsell for ISP to the final free tip of the week which makes more sense to me.

but not about what makes sense to me, it is what makes sense to amazon and getting certs.

you guys are probably smarter than i am so any help or input or guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Andy

That means If user decined purchasing, users still can use free features of the skill.

am currently sending the user if they say ‘no’ to the upsell for ISP to the final free tip of the week

I think it’s not good. Basically, upselling should be moderate. If user says no, you should not push them too much to buy or upsell.

https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/in-skill-purchase/isp-certification-guide.html#user-experience-tests

i think i wrote the last part incorrectly. if they say, ‘no’ to the one-time upsell message they are actually passed on to another free piece of content. i am not trying to repush the upsell message.

yes the skill checks on entry if the user has =‘product’ if so the go to the isp filled content section and if not they go to the weekly free area. so it sounds like i am allowing them to continue to use the skill for free even if they decline - which i hope covers the isp requirements.

thanks so much for the help and the really quick reply!!!

1 Like