How to troubleshoot a published skill that is unresponsive?

I have published a skill - it was tested and certified by ADC and is now live. But I can’t access it via Alexa - there is no response to the invocation.

• I can see the skill in the store.

• I can see that Alexa is ‘hearing’ the invocation correctly.

The skill title is “Mind Your Business”

But Alexa only offers alternative skills with similar titles.

How can I go about troubleshooting this, as there are no evident error messages?

(Is it possible that there is an issue with the audio I’ve used? I’ve added short .mp3 files and simply uploaded them into the Speak blocks in Voiceflow - I don’t have my own S3 bin. Could that be causing a problem?)

Thank you!

I can see that Alexa is ‘hearing’ the invocation correctly.

how did you check this?

(Is it possible that there is an issue with the audio I’ve used? I’ve added short .mp3 files and simply uploaded them into the Speak blocks in Voiceflow - I don’t have my own S3 bin. Could that be causing a problem?)

I don’t think so. if mp3 file has a problem, it will go “there’s something wrong with the skill” or something.

Thanks so much for replying to this.

I’m using the Alexa app (on Android), which allows me to see the text version of what Alexa is perceiving when I try to verbally invoke a skill. (in the app: Settings → History → Review Voice History)

I couldn’t find documentation on how VF hosts audio files - particularly on free accounts. I wasn’t sure whether the audio files are hosted only for using on VF, but then need to be hosted separately when the skill is published.

mp3 will be loaded after you invoke your skill. Even if mp3 has some problems, your skill can be invoked and then faild. That’s why I don’t think mp3 is not a reason why you cannot invoke your skill.

you are right. So problem is invoking. means Alexa cannot find your skill. Invoking problem is very difficult one because there may be other skills with same invocation name.

Actually, i think I found your skill and it works with my US account.

BTW, first i tried to enable with Voice and Alexa choose the other “Mind your business”. Then I went to alexa.amazon.com, disabled the first one, enabled your skill(maybe), and works.

When I try, Alexa offers a list of skills with names that contain words that are in my skill’s name - “mind” and “business”.

I have already tried re-naming the skill - the original skill, which is also in the store, but not working is titled “The Wonderful Wedmore”. *the two skills are identical - I was trying different invocation names to see if that was the issue.

So the skill is in the store, and the invocation is correctly registered by Alexa when I speak it.

What are steps for troubleshooting this?

Or perhaps another way to approach this would be to examine the code. Is there a way to see the code that VF outputs? (Ideally the entire skill).

Thanks again.