ISP Locale Error

I’m not sure if i’m being ignored purposely, but I noticed both my questions here and on the Facebook group have just been the only ones going unanswered.

I am trying to fix a live skill which now has its momentum dying and I would like to add a new round for users who enjoy it. I am having an error on Voiceflow’s part, Amazon confirmed its the interactionmodel, and this is stemming from a bug in the ISP.

I keep getting all other English speaking locales to show up in my ISP and its affecting my skills upload. I cannot submit my skill without keeping India, Canada, and Australia as selected locales when submitting, but I can’t upload with with them selected because its interfering with my ISP.

My skill is dying now and I won’t be able to capitalize on the momentum and growth it had. Can anyone help me out? I cannot upload and publish my skill’s changes due to this.

I’m not sure if i’m being ignored purposely, but I noticed both my questions here and on the Facebook group have just been the only ones going unanswered.

This is community-based forum and nobody can have all the answers. I have posted some questions before with no answers, but I don’t think it was ignored purposely at all. Also, I answered your question in the past, but I don’t have further answers as my knowledge and experiences. That’s it.

anyway, I searched past similar posts in facebook forums, this might be help for you.

Hi there,
“I cannot submit my skill without keeping India, Canada, and Australia as selected locales”

Your skill has ISP enabled since the first submitted version?

India, Canada and Australia do not have ISP available, that’s why you can’t update your skill and you might be stuck as Alexa do not allow you to remove any local from a live skill (not without contacting them).

What are the actual locales available for your live skill?