Skill exit issue

Hi guys,

I don’t understand why I am getting repeatedly the same feedback from Amazon team, that my skill is remaining open in the end. I use skill exit block after the last promt so if user don’t ask Repeat skill should exit. Their feedback is below:

Skill: “also you can add some spirulina, lime zest or ginger. . That’s all! Have a nice breakfast!” and session remains open

Please note that the same behavior is observed with all the intents.

Please ensure that the session gets closed post completing a functionality if users are not prompted for an input.

Update the “shouldEndSession” attribute value to “True” from “False”. This will keep the session closed.!

Screenshot 2020-08-26 at 13.06.27|363x500

I tested with a simple flow and in my case, Alexa respond with “shouldEndSession” True.

I’m not sure but are you using and Intent Block with “Repeat” intent somewhere? In that case, Intent Block will be globally called. If no, I have no idea. If you think this will be a bug, you should report via intercom.

No, I don’t think I user intent block. I only use built in Repeat intent and this is it. In the end I lead to exit block.

By the way I reported it as a bug several times and didn’t get any response. Do you know how long it should take on average?

I don’t know how long they will answer. It might be longer because users seems increasing.

BTW, did you check on ADC and shouldEndSession is false? Also, if you test on Echo device, blue ring is keeping on when you say other than “repeat”? In my end, it does not happen.

My skill came back from Amazon this week. Same problem reported.

The session remained open even when the users are not asked for an input.

Steps to reproduce:

User: “Alexa open enabled vimeo woman”
Skill: “Hi, I’m Alexa!What is you first name?”
User: “jak”
Skill: "Hi jak Okay time to begin the Vimeo show to play. " and the session remains open.

Please ensure that the session gets closed post completing a functionality if users are not prompted for an input.

Update the “shouldEndSession” attribute value to “True” from “False”. This will keep the session closed.

For more information on Session Management,click here

Also, for common certification failures and their fix, click here

I’m not sure but your case seems a little different. you skill sounds playing a video right? (maybe APL video, I guess).