Use Data from Google Sheets to Add Custom Slot Choices?

I’m creating a voice inventory app that captures user intent in a sentence and saves the various slots into a Google sheet. This includes item info like Quantity, Brand Name, Model, Color, Material & Item Type.

I have 12 Regal Cambridge Brushed Silver Metal Stainless Steel Rollerball Pens

I’m dealing with a large range of Brands & Models, so it’s very tedious adding them in as Custom Slots by hand. I would love to use the Google Sheet integration to read the Brand and Model lists and map them to Custom Slot options.

I can’t seem to find how I would do that, so is it even possible? Can it be?

Thank you for any insight!
Chris

Hi there, thanks for reaching out - this seems like an awesome use case for a voice skill!

I’ve provided documentation on our Google Sheets integration (you can also use a custom integration with Airtable, which will achieve the same functionality).

As a heads up, you’ll need to create variables in Voiceflow that match your columns. In other words, you would have to create variables such as {quantity}, {brand_name}, {model}, etc. and map those with the columns from your sheet - the tutorials above go into detail on how to do this. Feel free to ping us on Intercom (blue bubble at the bottom right of the Voiceflow screen) if you have further questions.

Best of luck and happy building!

Hi Annie,

Thanks for the GS integration doc! I’ll read through it and update my app :slight_smile: I’ll ping you if I have any issues!

Best,
chris